Critical Reflection


As I look back at the goals that I set for myself during the start of the module, I have certainly improved my skills in having an effective communication whether it is during a group discussion or in front of an audience. One of my goals was to come out of my comfort zone while speaking in front of an audience and the other was to improve my writing skills through the constant blogging assignments given.
With the frequent group based discussions and mini presentations we had in class, it did help build up my confidence and it did direct me on how I could project the tone of my voice clearly. Other than speaking effectively, writing effectively through blogging was certainly a great platform for us to share our personal experiences and being able to review one another’s work. It did improve my sentence structures with the various viewpoints provided from fellow classmates. As communication is a skill that can always be further improved, I will continue to blog on possibly any unforgettable experiences encountered. In addition to that, through the pointers picked up on oral communication, I believe it can be applied to my everyday life.
A major takeaway from this module is certainly the skill taught on how to ace a presentation. With a background in engineering, it is definitely a much needed skill to propose an idea in our future workplaces.  I had to unlearn the ways I used to carry out a presentation, and then relearn the proper manner of presenting an idea which was taught through this module. With the assurance from the professor and classmates that my team were on the right track, it gave me a sense of determination to continue on.
I believe that having the skill to be able to communicate effectively is an ongoing process and with the important pointers taken from this module, it will certainly aid in my learning journey.

Comments

  1. Good job Jean, glad that you have come out from your comfort zone. With practice, you will definitely make your presentation skills perfect.
    All the best Jean
    Regard
    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jean,

    This is a comprehensive reflection. You address some of the means by which you were able to achieve a few of the goals you had set for yourself at the start of the module. You also focus on the area of presenting in terms of how your work in the module has impacted your learning.

    I do have a few questions though: Where do you go from here in terms of skills development? What do you feel you need to work on?

    Whatever the case, I appreciate your sharing in this post and all the effort you made this term.

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Formal Introduction

Interpersonal conflict

Final report